Clogged Toilets, Drains, Showers & Sinks
Is a clogged shower drain getting you down—or slowing you down—as you get ready for your busy day? Our plumbing professionals respond quickly to accommodate your schedule when you have a bathroom issue like a tub or shower clog. Call at the first signs of a slow drain to prevent a complete clog or backup from happening.
We'll diagnose and explain the cause of your clogged shower drain and recommend the best solution. We carry all specialized plumbing tools and commonly needed parts right in our service vans. Our courteous plumbing professionals always respect your home—and we always clean up after ourselves. You can call on us anytime, 24/7, in an emergency.
What are the signs of clogged drains?
- Water backs up out of a sink drain.
- Water pools around a shower drain, then drains out slowly.
- Toilet bowl water bubbles when you run the sink.
- Slow draining of water from your bathtub, sink or other fixture can indicate a clog, even if there's been no backup yet.
- Gurgling sounds from drains, especially after running a washing machine or dishwasher.
- A mysterious puddle of water on the floor near tub or sink.
- Rotting food smell from the kitchen sink drain or disposal.
This diagram shows many of the common types of vents and drains in most homes. The green pipes represent outgoing wastewater, the yellow pipes represent ventilation tubes, the red pipes indicate hot water, and the blue lines show cold water.
Clogged Showers and Bathtubs
What are the signs of a clogged shower or tub?
- Water rising slowly toward your ankles as you shower or overflowing as you bathe.
- Flood conditions in your bathroom.
- A slow-to-drain tub or shower.
- Strange gurgling or “strangled” noises coming from the tub or shower drain.
- An unpleasant odor coming from the drains.
- A pool of water around the drain when it hasn’t been used in hours.
What are the signs of a clogged toilet?
- Toilet clogs and overflows
- A constantly running toilet that may spontaneously refill
- Poor flushing or no flush at all
- Leaks around your toilet
- A hissing sound or water trickling inside the toilet tank